Dry Brushing – Why We Should All Do It!
Our skin is the largest organ we have, especially when it comes to the roles of absorbtion and elimination. Our skin on our body gets clogged and when it is not exfoliated regularly, it cannot properly eliminate waste and toxins. We tend to take excellent care of the skin on our faces, however forget about the rest of our body. Dry skin brushing on a daily basis can provide numerous benefits, such as improved circulation, stimulating lymph drainage, stimulating hormones, and firming the skin.
Improved Circulation: Improved circulation helps to improve the elimination of waste.
Stimulating Lymphatic Drainage: Dry brushing regularly helps stimulate the lymphatic system, which plays a critical role in eliminating toxins from the body. When the lymphatic system is congested toxins build up, making us sick.
Better Skin: Dry brushing will improve the look and feel of your skin by removing dead skin cells, unclogging pores, leaving it is soft and smooth. It also can help reduce cellulite as it can help break soften hard fat deposits under the skin.
Dry skin brushing tips: (this is only a 2-3 minute process)
- Purchase a brush only with soft natural bristles. They can easily be found and are very affordable.
- Do not use synthetic bristles. Only use the brush dry and shower after to remove dead and exfoliated skin.
- Be gentle. Work in an upwards motion towards your heart starting at your feet and in a circular motion, clockwise on your stomach. This improves blood circulation.
- Your skin may appear flushed. This is normal. If it is irritated you are applying too much pressure.
- Clean your brush afterwards.
- Moisturize your skin after your shower with an organic oil or lotion of your choice.
Taking a few minutes a day prior to showering will result in almost immediate benefits. Your skin will feel softer and the elimination of toxins will be improved resulting in better health.