THE ALMA CONCEPT
The concept for Alma was developed while I was living in New York City. Between commuting, working all the time, and simultaneously going to business school, I was very short on time. The one thing I made time for, besides occassionally working out and Friday night dinner was my bi-weekly pedicure at my neighborhood nail salon. That was my 45 minute oasis in my hectic schedule where I could relax, decompress, and feel better about myself. But of course with a crazy schedule it had to be on my terms - when I was available, with no appointment and no wait. While my neighborhood salon left a lot to be desired - questionable cleanliness, harsh fumes, and a mediocre atmosphere - they did do a great job on my feet and they knew me so it felt comfortable and inviting to an extent.
One day it hit me that there had to be a better way to provide everyone their 45 minute oasis in a way that was safe, non-toxic, relaxing, unpretentious, fun, with great customer service. I became passionate about finding a way to create what I felt was missing, and I've worked since moving to Toronto to create this oasis called Alma.
- We treat our employees and customers fairly and offer an experience superior to that of our competition.
- We do not support animal testing.
- We do not support the use of toxic substances in our products or merchandise.
- All products used or sold at Alma will be produced in a manner that ensures the workers are treated fairly.
- All products used and sold at Alma should be free from non-renewable resources, produced from natural substances, safe for the environment, and organic whenever possible.